Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cat Tales

On Tuesday, we went to a cat zoo. It's a non profit zoo for wild cats that would have otherwise died if they weren't rescued. It wasn't a big zoo, and it was kind of sad to see them in small cages, but I guess that's better than the alternative! The kids had fun seeing the animals. Most of them were sleeping and Lilly kept yelling to them to "WAKE UP"!! I think they may have had more fun on the statues than actually seeing the real animals.

There were several tigers


A sleeping leopard



A cougar. Of course, he had a different name, but the kids called him "Butch" :)

The only lion in the zoo. The guy who gave to tour said this is one of the lions that used to roar for MGM....he did this until he was three years old and stopped roaring on command.

More statues to play on (I thought they were a little scary looking, but the kids had fun)

No comments: