On Thursday, we headed up to water Papa's flowers while he was out of town. We ended up bringing a picnic and the kids had fun playing on the trampoline and playing tag in the yard. It was a perfect day and reminded us of 1 year ago when we went for our "teddy bear" picnic with my mom. She had gotten teddy bears for each of the kids and had them waiting in different places on the swing set. She read them a fun story about a teddy bear picnic and then we packed up our lunch and headed to the back yard for a picnic and then a dip in the hot tub. It was also the day I told her about being pregnant with Grace. After looking back a year later, I realize how very sick and in pain she was that day and yet made it such a special day for her grand kids.
Hayden and Lilly still talk about the teddy bear picnic with Momo as well as when she came and surprised them at soccer tots and took them out to McDonald's last August (all within about 1 month from when she passed away). I truly think that was God's grace giving her 2 days when she was able to handle her pain enough to make such memorable moments for her grand kids, which they will always remember as being special!
Caleb made sure everyone was well hydrated!
This boy sure loves his little sister!
And I don't think she minds him either!!








No comments:
Post a Comment