This weekend, I ran my 1st 1/2 marathon!! It's something I have always wanted to do, so I was a proud finisher. I started training back in December and couldn't even run 1 mile without stopping to walk and had to focus on not limping. It really helped to get my knee strength back, and I learned that I could push myself harder than I ever have before!! My goal was to be able to run the whole way (except during water breaks) and I did!! I was tempted to walk the first part of the last mile, but then I saw my 3 friends from church cheering me on with signs and a cow bell :)It was a great surprise and helped to get my adrenaline running for the rest of the race! Especially since mark and the kids weren't able to be there. We had quite the night before the race with Caleb and Grace taking turns throwing up all night. Our longest bout of sleep was 1 1/2 hours!! And with high winds and temps in the single digits all night, I wasn't excited to get up and run!! But luckily the winds died down and the temperature warmed up to 20!! It was a fun run along the snake river. And we both got a good night sleep that night with healthy kids!! Now, we're hoping for a snow day tomorrow since it's been snowing all day.
Before the race with friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment