Hayden made his own Larry Boy invitations and was pretty proud. I had a print out of a cake that I want to do so he studied the picture to see what color went where on Larry Boy.
On Sunday morning we went to a cookie exchange party. The kids had fun decorating AND eating gingerbread boys.
Yum!
Lilly mostly just licked off the candy and frosting!

On Sunday evening, Hayden had his preschool Christmas concert. He did a GREAT job! We were so proud of him. But I do have a story to share: I have this recurring dream (nightmare) that I am late to an important event (usually it's a college class that i have missed all semester and then remember that I was supposed to take that class and only am able to show up to the final day to take the test).....anyway, my nightmare came true last night (but it involved Hayden). We were looking forward to his concert all week long and Mark and I were preparing him every day talking about how he was going to get up on the stage and sing his songs for us (in hopes that he wouldn't be nervous and cry). He was excited to wear his new outfit and we happily got ready and into the car (thinking we were early and would be able to mosey into his class and drop him off). As we were getting into the car, momo and papa called, saying "where are you"?? I heard lots of people talking in the background and suddenly panic set in. I hung the phone up on momo (sorry) and told mark "the concert's at 4, not 4:30!!!!" For some reason, all week, I knew what time it was supposed to be, but on Sunday, my mind told me "4:30". Mark drove as fast as he could. It was just our luck that we got behind the slowest person on the road and hit every red light. In my panicked mind, I was just praying that Hayden wouldn't start crying when we got there. Luckily, I just told him that he had to run fast like Buzz Lightyear as soon as the car stopped (at the end of the night he told me "remember how fast I was? I was just like Buzz!) I don't even think he knew we were late. We ran into the church and unfortunately the kids were already up on stage and had already sung one song :( Parents were in the isles filming, so I felt like I was knocking people over as we ran to the front. His teacher was there to meet us and calmly took him up front and he didn't miss a beat! We even got 2nd row seats thanks to momo and papa to see the whole thing. I was so proud of him, considering he's our boy that would have cried the whole time up on stage 6 months ago. He knew all the songs and hand motions. Here he is playing his jingle bells.


No comments:
Post a Comment